QC 3.0 Brief Description:
Simply speaking, QC 3.0 is an upgrade version of QC 2.0, which comes with less power consumption and high efficiency. Output voltage of QC 2.0 is 5V and then directly rises to 9V, 12V or 20V. With this voltage difference, charging efficiency will be reduced, calorific value will be improved and the charging time will be increased. So QC 3.0 the upgrade version is pushed forward.
Its output voltage keeps from 3.6V to 20V and will change in stair-step shape; that is voltage will increase or decrease in steps and can be compatible with QC 2.0 to directly rise to 9V, 12V or 20V.
QC 3.0-The newest QUALCOMM quick charge charger agreement
1. Allowing 200mv Step voltage increment rather than QC 2.0’S 5/9/12V step voltage
a. Compatible with QC 2.0
2. The main advantage of QC 3.0 is to optimize DC/DC efficiency of the mobile phone
a. Eliminate heat producing problem during the switch of the voltage under QC 2.0 agreement.
b. QC 3.0 can not only remove DC/DC converter of the phone, but also simplify the structure of wireless charger.
Quick Charge 2.0/3.0 has two standard, Class A and Class B. For Class A, QC 2.0 supports 5V/9V/12V, while QC3.0 supports ripple voltage 3.6V~12V; Class B, QC 2.0 supports 5V/9V/12V/20V, and QC 3.0 supports ripple voltage 3.6V~12V. As 20V output voltage is very rare to be used in smart phones, so class A standard is widely adopted to be used in most of chargers, like wall charger, power bank with QC 2.0/3.0 function in the market.
Due to voltage difference, when comparing with QC 2.0, by using QC 3.0, the efficiency will be improved, calorific value will be decreased and charging time will be reduced. (according to what QUALCOMM tells, By using QC 3.0, its efficiency is 38% higher, charging speed is 27% faster and heat producing is 45% lower than QC 2.0’s. Within around 35min, one classic mobile phone in no electricity can be 80% charged ), as shown in the following picture:
Main Feature of QC 3.0 Car Charger
1. Adopting QUALCOMM QC3.0 certified high-efficient synchronous rectification buck converter of inner switch power supply (IC Certificate enclosed)
2. Soft start is adopted which is good for avoiding the damage for the start-up of IC as the power is on.
3. Wide input voltage: 8V~32V, absolute maximum ratings: 36V.
4. Under control of CV/CC mode (constant voltage and constant current).
5. Supporting many different mobile phone Quick charge agreement of different brand, such as: QC2.0/QC3.0/(MTK) PE+1.1/PE+2.0/(Hisilicon) FCP agreement and Type-C USB agreement (in type-C USB port), and BC1.2、apple and normal charging mode, according to the input devices(mobile phone), automatically indentify and then input regarding voltage. Input voltage ranges from 3.6V to 12.1V.
6. Transfer efficiency is up to 95% with low heat producing power supply.
7. With fixed power cable to compensate the voltage, it makes the charging speed faster.
8. It equips with output short circuit protection, VIN and VOUT overvoltage protection and over temperature protection.
QUALCOMM® QUICK CHARGE™ 3.0 TECHNOLOGY
HIGH VOLTAGE DEDICATED CHARGING PORT VERIFICATION
UL TAIWAN CO., LTD.
} Qualcomm HVDCP Interface Specification Revision J
} November 21, 2016
} ORIGINAL ASSESSMENT
} UPI SEMICONDUCTOR CORP
} 9TH FL 5 TAIYUAN 1ST ST ZHUBEI HSINCHU HSIEN, 302 TW
TYPE OF EQUIPMENT
} Chipset Reference Design Module
CLASS OF EQUIPMENT
} CLASS A
TRADE NAME AND MODEL
} UPI SEMICONDUCTOR CORP
LABORATORY NAME AND ADDRESS
} UL Taiwan Co., Ltd.
} 1st Fl, 260 Da-Yeh Road, Peitou
} Taipei City, 112
Verification of equipment means only that the equipment has met the requirements of the above-noted specification.
Trademark applications and agreements regarding the use of Quick Charge 3.0 Logo, are acted on accordingly by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. This certificate is issued on condition that the holder complies and will continue to comply with the Quick Charge 3.0 program requirements established by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. The equipment for which this certificate is issued shall not bear the Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 Logo unless the equipment complies with the applicable technical specifications and agreements issued by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. as applicable to the Type Of Equipment and Class Of Equipment designated above.
I hereby attest that the subject equipment was tested and found in compliance with the above-noted specification.
Project Engineer, UL Taiwan Co., Ltd.
} November 21, 2016
UL TAIWAN CO., LTD.Back